Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Week 38



How is everything going?  Tomorrow is transfers, and I figured out that I am going to stay in Lynnwood for at least 6 more weeks.  I have been called to be a trainer and a district leader!  I teach my first district meeting on Wednesday, and I get my "greenie" tomorrow!  I'm super excited to be the example for my "son" as I help him learn the ropes as a missionary in the field.  It'll be pretty intense, but I'm sure that with the help of the Lord, I'll be able to do a somewhat decent job.

Some of our Washington-Everett Missionaries

Troubles, trials, and tribulations covered this week.  Overall, it was amazing as always!  We had a baptism scheduled for Maria this past Saturday, but it fell through.  She is going through a pretty rough situation and is putting gospel related things on hold for now.  I've been thinking about how I can handle the problems she is going through, but I think some of them might just have to play out...  We'll see.  Our friend, Jadid, has accepted a baptismal date for the 20th of April!  He is going to be attending General Conference in a few weeks and is excited to hear and listen to the prophets.  I'm jealous!

President Thomas S. Monson

I read a talk this past week given by President Monson, titled "Be Thou an Example".  It was such an awesome read!  The talk was originally given to the Relief Society, but as I changed it around and applied it to missionary work, it really had a huge effect on me!  Something I love the most from that talk is that he emphasized that we need to fill our minds with truth, fill our hearts with love, and fill our lives with service.  How true that statement is!  I'm excited to apply these principles that I learned for this upcoming week and see how this next week will play out differently - we will see!

Anyways, sorry that this letter is a little bit short.  I hope that each of you have an awesome week and hope that everything is going great!  I love each of you so much and thank you daily for the blessing that I have to have a family like you all!  Now if only I could get more letters from the kids... ;) !

Love you all!
Elder Alexander J Annand

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...