Friday, August 3, 2012

Week 6

Hey there family! Another week gone by already! It feels like just yesterday that I was emailing you guys, going to the temple, and enjoying my P-Day! Time just FLIES sometimes! But it's great! I cannot believe that I have less than THREE weeks left here at the MTC! I know I know, I shouldn't be counting but I am just SO excited to go and serve in Washington! It is going to be such a great experience for everyone that I meet, for the people back home, and for me. I love serving, and I haven't even had the opportunity to teach real investigators yet! It's insane how much I want to! GAH!

How is everything going back home? Is Choma still a good wittle boy? Has school started for the kids yet? Are they excited? Is Scotty excited to be a JUNIOR and Sierra a FRESHMAN?! Along with Heather being a little SEVEY! Hang in there guys, I know you can do it! Keep up the good work, you guys are awesome!  :)!

The MTC continues to have its great days! There really hasn't been too many days where I struggle or think about home because I am just so busy. Literally the whole 16 hours are planned out for me, which is great! I love knowing what I'm going to be doing each hour. The classes are awesome! The district had a very awesome lesson about the Doctrine of Christ. One of my teachers, Hermano Lucero would teach that as his first lesson every time as he served his mission in Mexico. However, he said that if they didn't accept it (he would invite them to be baptized the first lesson) then he wouldn't really follow up because the investigator wasn't spiritually ready. I don't know if I completly agree with that... I want to teach everyone I meet and help them as much as I can. I WANT to plant that seed inside them and help them grow in faith and their testimonies. Two and a half years ago, I wasn't spiritually ready. But after meeting with the missionaries several times, I started to realize that I DID have faith, I DID believe that the Book of Mormon was true, and I DID have a testimony. Looking back on these past two years, so many great experiences have happened in my life that has helped me get to where I am right now, a mission. I just wish I could thank the ward individually with how much each of them has helped me grow in some way. But for now: Thank you McQueen Ward:), each of you are all so great and inspirational! I love you guys so much and be easy on my mommy!

*cough* Anyways, thank you for the package! I was thinking about sending my blue towels home, but I decided against it. I'm going to keep them because without them I would still need to do a dark and white load anyways, so just trying to save money. If you could send those pants it would be great! It's nice to have an extra pair to wear around the residence when I can. Depending on how much nicer the blue jeans that you send me are, I might send back the ones I currently have, but for right now, I plan on keeping both. I will keep adding captions to the pictures that I send - do you think I should send the SD card every 2 weeks or just every P-Day? Not sure what I want to do, but it's whatever will make you more happy so don't forget to mention it in your next letter!

I'm going to be sending home one of my planners that is already full (they only go up to 6 weeks, because that is normally how long a transfer is) along with a book that this man named Brother Donald Chesley sent me. Sadly, I can't read it because it won't be approved by the mission president, but if you would like, read it and get back to me.  :)   I think it's about Brother Chesley's dad who was in the Air Force, who was shot down in Vietnam and a POW for 7 years or something like that. Can't remember too many details, didn't really look too much into it because I want to be as obedient as I can be. I can't remember if I told you this, but I met him and his family at Golden Corral when I worked there. I talked to him and shared with him a little bit about myself, that I was a convert, preparing to go on a mission, etc. He said that he wanted to help me out on my mission, I couldn't believe it! He sent me $100 dollars with the book and a letter. I'm going to write him back and say thanks for the blessing he has been in my life.

At the temple today, I met a man that taught Dr. Brooks when he went to BYU. It was awesome getting to know him, his name was Brother James Bear (I think). He was an elderly man who I sat with through the endowment session. We talked a little bit, getting to know each other and so on, and after the session he came up to me and shared something that hit me like a brick: "Stay strong Elder Alex Annand, you are a great man and it does not take an intelligent man to figure that out. You are doing the right thing, and for this reason I joined the church 50 years ago, through people like you. The Lord is always on your side and will help you whenever you need it, where you are at today is because of Him; never forget that." When he told me this, I could not stop crying. I told him, "It's people like me why I joined the church two years ago, without those two Elders that helped me so much, I wouldn't be here today." He gave me a hug, and went on his way. Brother James Bear has been a huge blessing for me. He really brightened up my day and helped me know that the Lord is ALWAYS there for all of us. He is only a prayer away, and we all need to soften our hearts and plead to Him with real intent to receive and answer from Him. I love our Lord, Jesus Christ. He has pulled me out of the dumps too many times to count. I can always rely on Him. I can always rely on my family, too. I love you guys so much. Never forget that the Lord is here, only a prayer away.

Do you forward my emails to Nanny and Papa? I forgot their email so I won't be able to email them, tell them that they should receive a letter from me within the next week.

Thank you for the inspiration you have been in my life, Dad. I know I don't really say that much, but you have helped me become the man I want to be. Because of you, I have chosen to be the best I can be. You are a great role model, and I hope Scotty recognizes that too. I love you, Dad.  :)

Love you all,
Elder Alex Annand

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...