Thursday, July 26, 2012

Week 5

Hey everyone!  :)!

Happy days, oh happy daaaysss! I just got back from going to the Provo Temple, it has been closed for the past 3 weeks for cleaning and just reopened yesterday. The spirit at the temple, whether inside or just on the grounds, is just amazing. No matter how low I feel, whenever I go, or at least look, at the temple I feel so much better :). And a plus, I can see the temple from my classroom window (WOOT WOOT)!

I am so excited to share the gospel and help others come unto Christ and help them be an eternal family. I heard a quote the other day: "Missionaries leave their families for 2 years so that they can make other families eternal." I love it! I am so blessed to have an amazing opportunity to go to Washington and speak Spanish there. And what's even better is that I am going to share the gospel! Needless to say, these 2 years are going to be the bomb-digity. My Spanish has improved SO much these past 5 weeks. FIVE WEEKS! I cannot believe that I've been here for that long! I love it here! But to be honest, sometimes I miss home too.  :)   I miss Choma! Anyway, just 4 more weeks and I'll be off to Washington, isn't that crazy? My companion Elder Fiala said I was talking in my sleep - IN SPANISH - the other night. SPANISH. OVERLOAD. But I'll let it happen, I guess.  ;)

I received your package last night, and I thank you so much for the extra goodies.  I am so happy to have my family's support, the ward's support, and even many of my friend's support as well...  I'm a lucky dude! I mean Elder! I should be sending home the SD card tonight, and I am going to make a small caption with each picture.  Keep them so I don't forget what the picture was about when I get back home! That is such an awesome idea to have a blogspot by the way... if only I could view it, haha. I'll have to check it out in two years!

That's great that you are getting rain.  It rains here at least 4 times a week, but only for like 5 minute intervals, LAME! I hope that Woods Canyon is getting some good rain right about now. I can't believe that the kids start school again in LESS THAN TWO WEEKS! Wooaaahh! That is SO weird to think about!

So this past week I have started a new goal that I know will help me out on the mission, and in life: exact obedience. I didn't know that I wasn't allowed to write during my personal time, but I reread the MTC standards and Missionary Handbook, and it says to only communicate with your family and friends on Preparation Day. It is going to be SO tough not writing you as often as I used to, but I KNOW that I will be blessed for this. Through exact obedience, I will develop several other Christlike attributes that will help me throughout my mission, and once again in life. I am excited to follow the rules, commandments, and other limitations to the T now!

Anyways, getting low on time, 30 minutes is just not enough here at the MTC! Maybe I should make an outline of what I want to write about when I send my weekly emails home. Hmmmm....

Love all of you!
Elder Alex Annand

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...