Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Week 64

Hi family!

We go to the Family History Center up here to email.  It's pretty neat because there are about 10 different computers, and missionaries fill them up every Monday for a couple of hours - haha...   It is nice to not have to worry about a time limit (the library gives you only an hour to use the computer), so now I can write to as many people as I feel like.  :P

A silly moment with tie clips!
Bellingham is so much nicer in person!  Elder Jones and I work in an area called Ferndale pretty frequently, and from there you can see Mt. Baker - which is SO COOL!  It is starting to get a bit foggy so it is harder to see, and probably within this next week or two, we won't be able to see it for the next couple of months.  The rainy season is starting to come back - it rained for about half of the week, with the other half being extremely sunny. The weather seems to have its own mood up here... My guess is we have two weeks or so of seeing the sun, then goodbye!

Bellingham is a pretty big college town.  There is a big university here and two other schools (a community college and I think some business school), so we talk to a lot of people that are around my age!  Feels a little weird.  

I haven't gotten my scriptures yet;  they should come in to the mission office this week, where they will sit until the zone leaders get them, or the office staff brings them up here.  I am very excited to get them!  I decided on regular black leather, which is fine for me.  

This week was pretty nice.  Met the rest of the members from the ward and group.  They are all so amazing and missionary minded!  I love it!  It's going to be a great time up in Bellingham!  I also met the rest of our investigators.  Each of them has a personal issue or problem to overcome, so it is nice to be there alongside their conversion process.  Trying to do my best to help them every step of the way - just like my missionaries did for me!

Lions and Tigers and Kitties, Oh My!
During my studies, I have been reading in the Book of Alma, more specifically the war chapters, which led me to a question that I had come to my mind in the beginning of the week - What is the point of all of the war chapters in the Book of Alma?  Why would Mormon decide to put those chapters inside of The Book of Mormon?  I didn't receive my answer until last night when I was accounting with the missionaries in the district.  It was neat because I was talking and then it clicked to me...  So we know that The Book of Mormon was written for our day, so my personal opinion why the war chapters are in the Book of Alma is because we are in a time of wars, rumor of wars, and are watching the world change right before us!  Isn't is incredible how much this world has changed in such a short amount of time?  Even people in their 40s or 50s will say that when they were growing up, life was way different!  I love the Book of Mormon and how little things like that testify that the Book of Mormon really was written for our day.  The Book of Mormon is so incredible!  I love it soooooooo much!

Love you all as well!  Hope you all have a great week!  :)

Love,

Elder Alexander J Annand

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...