Saturday, September 7, 2013

Week 63

Hello family!


Well, I am here in my new area!  I'm in the northern most area of the mission - Bellingham!  My area borders the Canadian border, which is pretty neat!  I am serving as a district leader and taught about using a tool that we have as missionaries called "key prospects" this past Wednesday.  Key prospects is when we use names of less active members, potential investigators, and former investigators from the area book and dedicate time in that area to work.   It went very well.  :)


Surprisingly, the weather has been very hot!  I am actually wanting the rain, as crazy as that sounds!  Bellingham is an incredibly beautiful area.  It is very green, and there are lots of mountains.  I want to make a trip to Mount Baker one of these P-days and try hiking it!

(photo of Mt Baker is courtesy MartyLeeB)
My new companion is Elder Jones, and he is from Corona, California - Just like my son!  It's pretty funny because my son's (Elder DeTavis) mom taught Elder Jones in seminary for a year.  Pretty cool...  Elder Jones has been out for about 10 months and has some pretty nice desires to work.  I am excited to work with him this transfer.  Also, there isn't a Spanish ward or branch up here - instead, it is a group!  There are about 20-30 members, but we lack on Melchizedek Priesthood holders.  Hoping to change that around during my time here in Bellingham!


The twistable colored pencils work so great!  Thank you for getting them.  I will be ordering the new scriptures before I leave the family history center (where we email) today.


I forgot to grab my cord to plug into the computer to send you some pictures, you'll just have to wait till next week...  :)
Love you all so much! Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Alexander J Annand

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...