Saturday, August 31, 2013

Week 62

(Note from June - I'm sorry, dear readers, about my inconsistent posting with Alex's updates this month.  As you'll see in the following posts, we had a water leak & minor damage in our home to deal with, as well as personal schedule changes that took a bit of time to sort out....  I appreciate your patience!  Everything is well, and Elder Annand is doing great - we should be finding out this Monday if he has a new companion and area, so stay tuned!)

              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello there!


hey!  hey!  hey!
With the technology push for missionary work, there is a chance that our mission might get I-pads.  I don't know how slim the chances are, but I know the general offices of the church must first select our mission if we are to get I-pads and be a "test" mission for it. 

Wouldn't that be neat?  :D

I'm glad that you got the SD card!  No worries about the blog -  I know that it must take a lot of time to keep it up to date.

I haven't gotten the colored pencils yet, so hopefully they will come in today.  I will be ordering the new 2013 scriptures in English (Spanish can wait for another day) and have it sent to the mission home.  I'm excited!  :)

I've been teaching the mission preparation class Sunday morning with Elder Robles, and as a class, we are doing a Book of Mormon read.  I'm a bit behind (in Mosiah 18), but it is still great to be studying from the Book of Mormon everyday.  I remember being so stubborn before I joined the church, saying things about Mormons when I really had no idea who they were.  I am so glad for the missionaries and members who have taught me so much and helped me come to where I am at today.  This work is the greatest work to be apart of...  :)


Spanish Scriptures

Today we get a call whether or not we are being transferred.  I think I am heading out of Marysville to go somewhere else.  I received a District Leader call, so I won't be a Zone Leader anymore.  Though I am a bit upset to be leaving Marysville, I am excited to work in an area where the Lord now wants me.  I'll know who my companion/area is tomorrow (if I get transferred), and I'll be sure to let you know this next time I email.






Many of the investigators that we have are being put on hold for right now.  Almost every investigator had some sort of problem come up this past week, so it has been a little stressful.  I know I'm to learn something out of this.

That's so exciting how Scotty is doing in League of Legends!  He's finally getting as good as his older brother!  ;)   I miss that little booger - can you tell him to give me a write please?  By the way, I don't think I need anything.  If I do, I'll be sure to let you know.

The mission life is fantastic!  I have never been so close to the spirit and realized so many blessings before.  I am so glad to have this chance to be here in Washington serving all those around me.  I just finished writing a friend, and he mentioned that at the beginning of high school, I probably had no idea that this is where I would be - a missionary for the Lord Jesus Christ.  He's absolutely right!  I have no idea where I would be today without the church!  So much has happened in such a short amount of time - all of which I am so grateful for!  I love this church with all my heart.  I know that this is where I am going to be for the rest of my life!   :) 

Well, I love you all so much!  You are so great!  Hope you have a fantastic week full of love!

Love,

Elder Alexander J Annand

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...