Saturday, August 31, 2013

Week 61

Hey Family!   :) 

I love all the pictures that you sent me!  Haha, they're great!  Today has been a great P-day.  :)   It was our district preparation day today, so we played some sports out in the field this morning and spent time together as a district.  I did a soccer dive trying to save the ball and ended up scraping my leg pretty good - don't plan on doing that again.  


District Soccer Match

I sent the SD card home today (sorry)!  I did it first thing before leaving the apartment to do anything else, so you'll be sure to get it this week!  The only people I write through "snail mail" anymore is my recent converts and members who have become great friends over the course of my mission - so I'm going to use that as an excuse of my laziness to write...  :)

new shoes

I ended up going to the Nike store at the mall and bought some basketball shoes.

That's great that the house is slowly but surely coming under control.  How long is it going to take for the whole new project to be completed?  That would be neat if the kids painted their rooms!  No better time than now, I would say!   :)

Surprisingly, Washington has been very sunny.  One of these days, the clouds are going to come back, so I am enjoying every bit of it!  It's been pretty warm lately as well - people tell me it is somewhat humid here, but I don't really feel it - at least I don't notice the "walk outside and start sweating" type of deal that everyone tells me about....



Warm?  This is our morning temp in Phoenix right now!  Yikes!  =^)   ~June
I've seen the twistable pens before, and I think that would be just fine to send to me.   :)   If you send it directly to my apartment, you'll need to do it within the next 24 hours so it gets here on time.  I have a feeling that I am leaving Marysville, so I don't want it to show up when I am not there anymore.  Also, if you don't know about it - there is a new edition of scriptures!  I've been thinking about getting a pair for myself.  They cost about $50-70 dollars I believe - you can check out more about them at http://www.lds.org/scriptures/new-edition?lang=eng.






Well, I gotta get going.  I've been reading a book called "The Power of Everyday Missionaries."  A friend of mine bought it for me, and it is such an incredible book!  It emphasizes member missionary work, which would be perfect for you!  It's given me so many ideas, as well how I can help others and improve my teaching abilities. 

Check it out!  :)


I love you all so much!  Hope you have a great day and week!

Love,

Elder Alexander J Annand

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...