Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Week 73

Hello, hello!  :)

What a great week it has been!


Battle Hymn of the Republic  (lyrics)   
Click the pic to hear the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing it so beautifully!

Looks like that it went very well for you too - I'm glad!  Isn't Sunday amazing!?  This past Sunday we had some great talks on service, and all of the members who have been in the military sang "Battle Hymn of the Republic" because of Veteran's Day.  It was really powerful to see all those who have served our country, or are currently serving our country sing that wonderful song. 

I was sick last week, so I wasn't able to go to church for fast Sunday, but this past Sunday was awesome!  Because I didn't fast on fast Sunday, I fasted this past Sunday instead.  Some cool miracles came from it!  We had 3 investigators at church - each of them are super close to baptism!  Two of them normally don't make it out to church, so it was really nice to see them there.  :)  Each of them have small hold ups that has been keeping them from getting baptized, but I'm sure that they will be in the water soon.  :)  Elder Thompson and I were biking on Thursday to go and see a less active, when a lady in a white truck yelled at us asking for help.  She needed some help moving a couple things to a new place - it turns out that she went to church while she lived in California and has only been up here for a little while!  She wants to continue meeting with the missionaries and (hopefully) progress to baptism!  It feels so great to know that you were at the right place at the right time!

Transfers are next Tuesday!  I'll know Monday afternoon whether or not I'm leaving.  Even though I've only been here in Oak Harbor for 6 weeks, there is a possibility that I'll be leaving.  We'll see what the Lord desires!

Man... Chris is home already!?  Time is flying so fast!  I worked with him at Plastic Engineering for a small while, where I think we developed a pretty nice relationship.  I've known him for a long time, but never really spent too much time with him.  You'll have to get his email for me so I can say hello.  You can probably tell that he is such a spiritual giant - I love Chris!

That's awesome how much you got out of the talks on Sunday!  Man, I love this church so much!  It has done so many incredible things in my life.  I'm so grateful for this opportunity I have to share what I hold so dear to my heart!

Well, I gotta get going...  I have an appointment soon and haven't had lunch yet.  Hope that you have a great day and week!  Love you all so much!

Love,

Elder Alexander J Annand

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...