Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Week 41

One of the Seattle Temple Statues
Easter Sunday was great!  There were a few people that gave talks about Easter, and the importance of the Atonement and Resurrection.  I can't remember if I shared this last week, but I was studying about Miracles and in the Bible Dictionary, it says, "Christianity is founded on the greatest of all miracles, the resurrection of our Lord.  If that be admitted, other miracles cease to be improbable."  What a powerful statement!  But how true it is!  I never gave it thought before, but the base of my testimony is knowing that Jesus Christ paid the price for our sins and resurrected on the third day.  It is a powerful witness to me to know that He did such a thing for everyone that is to ever live on the earth.


I was totally reminiscing on the Easter Pageant yesterday!  That is AWESOME that you took all of the kids to go and see it!  I actually know someone who used to be one of the protesters on the sidewalk of the Temple grounds.  He later joined the church!  I love seeing how you are serving with all of your heart, might, mind, and strength with the calling that has been given to you.  I am very proud, mom.

Another Seattle Temple Statue
I almost jumped out of my seat when I read the paragraph that Bishop Carroll was released!  Woah!!!  Bishop Gregory is going to make a FANTASTIC new Bishop, along with his counselors!  I am so excited to send him a letter and tell him how happy I am for his new calling!

I'm excited to read Sister Heidenreich's talk about Easter.  I'm sure it was as powerful as you say it is - she and Brother Heidenreich are great examples to follow with things related to the gospel.  They are excellent people that are filled with love and joy.



Love you so much!  Happy birthday by the way!  Hope it was great!  Have a good rest of the week - can't wait to hear from you next Monday.

Love,
Elder Alexander J Annand

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...