Monday, April 8, 2013

Week 42


aawww..... kittens are so cute!
Dear Family,

This week has been wonderful! I LOVE General Conference so much! I've really come to enjoy conference so much more as a missionary. My eyes open up and the messages shared touch my heart as I listen to the Spirit testify of different truths that are needed in my life. Every talk had so many notable points as many of them lectured on different topics. Absolutely incredible! I don't think I have a favorite, each talk was powerful and helped me progress in its own way. I don't want to share too much about what I learned from Conference because you haven't seen it all yet, but be prepared to receive a huge conference related e-mail next week! 

With the things we learn during General Conference, we must apply! We can't just sit there and say, "That was a great point President Monson made!" We must apply that point and help ourselves become closer to Christ! Sadly, it is something that I didn't do before my mission, but as I now realize the importance of the counsel given to us by living prophets, I can feel through the Spirit that I am closer to Christ. I haven't felt the Spirit this strongly in all my life, and as a missionary of the Lord, I am grateful to have it. Acting on a prompting is one of the greatest feelings that can't be described, but leave you struck in awe that you acted on the will of the Lord. What a blessing it is to have His help in everything we do!



President Boyd K. Packer
Can you believe that I will be turning 20?! You aren't going to have a teenager any more! I still feel (and act... sometimes) as a 13 year old, but I'm glad to be aging as I have the opportunity to learn and understand more truths of the gospel. President Boyd K. Packer said that "We are meant to age, for with it we are to know the knowledge of the truth."

The work is SOOOOO great right now. We have a baptism this next Saturday with one of our friends - Marcos! His wife is a recent convert and he finally has decided that it is his turn! I'm excited to continually work with him as he prepares to enter into the waters of baptism and make his first covenant with our Father in Heaven. What a blessing it has been to be a part of his conversion and watch him change. I LOVE the work of a missionary!




We have a few more friends who are preparing for baptism as well. One is Jadid for the 20th of this month, and another is Darwin for May 4th. It is so fun helping them in so many different ways as they learn more about the gospel truths, and how becoming a part of Christ's church will change your life for the better.

There are several more people that we are helping progress in the gospel as well. I want to share an experience that happened just this past week. While I was on exchanges with the Zone Leaders, I street contacted this man named Javier. He was VERY humble and has seen missionaries like us before, but never talked to them. He and his wife don't go to church, but his children attend a Baptist church in Everett. He invited us over to explain more about our message for Sunday (yesterday). Elder DeTavis and I knocked and he answered, quickly invited us in, and introduced us to his family. Three of his five children were in the room, and each of them shouted "Hey! It's you!!!" and ran up and gave us each a hug. I was so confused, and the look on Dolores' (his wife) face was just the same. We hadn't even been in there for 3 minutes, and their children were sitting at our feet listening about the message of the Restoration. I cannot believe the spirit that was in that lesson. I cannot believe how teenagers can be trusted so heavily by our Father in Heaven and His Son to carry out this work. I love this work. I love this time I have to share, and who I represent. This is His work and His glory, and I know that I have been called of Him to declare His word among His people, that they might have everlasting life.

A blessing and privilege that will be remembered for eternity: A mission.

Love,

Elder Alexander J. Annand

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...