Monday, June 24, 2013

Week 50

Hi family!


This week has been great!  I'm going to be honest and say I don't remember too much of it - I forgot to bring my journal to the library.  Of the few things I do remember, this week was a good one!  Elder Marsden and I had a huge meeting with all of the zone leaders and sister missionary leaders called Missionary Leader Council.  It went great.  We learned a bunch of things that are going on in the mission and received some council with what we are to teach this upcoming zone meeting.  What I am most excited to teach about is that we must develop and have unshakable faith as missionaries.  We must open our mouths, invite, and love all whether or not they accept this glorious message.  I have recently learned the importance of simply opening your mouth!  We know that everyone on earth has a heavenly gift called free agency, or the ability to choose for yourself.  Though we cannot force our message on someone, we can do our part and invite them to listen to it!  It is up to them to accept it, but I am so glad to know that I have always done my part.  The work of a missionary is great!!

A missionary went home just a couple of days early (transfers are tomorrow, he went home on Friday to see his brother who is in the MTC) and his companion came with us.  He is a new missionary and such a fireball!  It is awesome to work with him and be in a "3 pack," or, a companionship of three missionaries.  I am learning a lot from him and am excited to see his progression in the mission!


A visiting teacher ministers by helping sisters know they are loved,
helping them grow, and serving them in times of need.
Mom, your call to be the "Relief Society Visiting Teaching Supervisor" does sound official!  I'm excited to hear your stories with your new calling, and how you will progress with your conversion.  I was thinking to myself the other day of how to know if someone is converted to the gospel or not... I came to the conclusion that a member is converted to the gospel when they consistently do their home teaching or visiting teaching.  They are excited to teach others about the gospel and help them realize the blessings that come from being a member of this church.  THAT is someone who is truly converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I cannot believe I'll be turning 20 years old soon!  I don't feel any different, but it sounds weird to say that I am 20!  I am debating on buying a new suit.  I have a light grey and a dark grey suit, and am thinking about buying a blue one.  I don't know when, but it is in the air.  I don't really think I need anything else for my birthday, but I'm excited to see what it will be in the packages!  Oh by the way, the white pants that I got work perfect for both the temple and baptisms.

I have an idea of who my new companion is going to be, but I am not going to say anything until I know for sure.

Love you all so much!  Keep safe and have a beautiful week!

Love,

Elder Alexander J Annand

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...