Friday, May 31, 2013

Week 49

Hello family!

I am doing great!  As always, it was a great week as a missionary!  As you probably already figured out, the libraries were closed yesterday so we got permission to e-mail home today. 

That's great that Bishop Carroll is a Gospel Doctrine teacher now!  He understands the doctrine of the church so clearly and can teach it with even more ease.  I loved learning from him.  Mom, have you started your temple prep classes?  I don't know who Bishop Brock is, but he sounds like he has got a calling in store for you!  I am excited to learn what it will be...

I heard about the I-5 bridge collapsing about 3 days after it actually happened.  Missionaries just don't get the inside scoop of the worldly things, but I guess that's okay.  I hope that nothing like that happens again!


Lego Baptism!    (I Love This Pic!!!  - June)
For P-day, our district went over to this park in Granite Falls called Cascade Park.  It was really neat!  I only took a few pictures, but it was a blast!  The place is owned by members of the church, so missionaries are allowed to get in for free!  I don't know how much it costs regularly, but it would be a nice place to camp!  The zone also had dinner over at the Stake President's house, and it was reaaallly good!  We had "Big Daddy's" which is like fried Indian bread topped with chili, cheese, lettuce, etc.  You should try making it one night!

Elder Marsden and I are working super hard, and we hope to have a few baptisms in about 3 weeks.  I don't want to say anything about it now, but I am praying for each of the people we are working with consistently throughout the day.


The Piano Guys
On Sunday, we had a mission fireside.  Elder Schmidt's dad, Jon Schmidt, is a famous piano player, and he came and gave a fireside.  It was beautiful!  He is a member of the group "Piano Guys", and apparently they have about 200 million views (total) in about two years of being on You Tube.  They are a Mormon group, and their music is absolutely inspiring.  Because Elder Marsden and I translated, we got to sit right in the front!  There were about 1,000 people there - with (my guess) around 300 investigators.  The spirit was so strong that night, and I'm positive that those investigating the church felt it.  You'll have to check him out - he is SUPER talented! 

Transfers are a week from today, and I'll be staying in Marysville.  Because Elder Marsden is leaving, I'll be getting another companion to be a zone leader with me.  Elder Marsden will stay with me for a week, and then his parents will come to pick him up.  They are going to take me out to get a quick bite to eat when they arrive, so I'm grateful for that.

Anyway, I have a lesson to get to!  I love you all so much and hope that you have a great next week!  Remember, life is tough, but with Jesus Christ, burdens will always be lifted.

Love,

Elder Alexander J Annand

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...