Thursday, May 30, 2013

Week 47

Hi family!

What a wonderful moment it was to talk with you all on Mother's Day!  It was great to have that small chat and see how everyone is doing.  I wrote in my personal journal, "Everything's changing while I'm out here which I think is super exciting!"  It's so cool to see how much can change in such a short amount of time (ie, Length of Heather and Sierra's hair O_O!).  It was super nice to see Choma running around and having a good time - I miss that pup.  I am seriously so blessed out here; it is incredible!  You're right, the people I have become friends with and those I teach are a blessed sight to see.  They are each so amazing, loving, and treat you as a part of the family.  I love the Hispanic culture!  Recently, I've been praying to "account" with Heavenly Father with things that happened throughout the day and pray for His approval with what I did.  It is amazing how close I feel to the Spirit as I get down on bended knee and offer up my heart to our Father in Heaven.  He is so willing to give help and provide for those that are in need in their personal search for salvation.  I love this work!

Jesus teaching the People
Elder Marsden and I have been teaching someone who wasn't very interested in the church when I first started my mission.  I knew this person just a little bit, and knew this person had family members who were members of the church.  I was disappointed when I learned I would be leaving Marysville to Lynnwood because I had a huge desire to help this person come unto the gospel.  I was in Lynnwood for 6 months, and in that time the Lord prepared this person and their family in miraculous ways.  I am not 100% sure about what happened, but when I returned to Marysville, this person was open to being taught.  I was so curious, previously, to why the Lord would have me come back to Marysville, but now I know why...  It is to help this person and their family, and to continue progressing in this work as a more experienced missionary.  The first time they came to church together was great!!  It was incredible how strong the spirit was and how much love was felt.  Tears filled everyone's eyes as they realized what was going on - it was such a powerful experience.  Since then, they have come a handful of times and are continuing with amazing progression in the gospel.

About the week...  As a zone leader, we go on exchanges with the district leaders.  I went on an exchange in an English area, and luckily, they had a car!  As you probably see, I don't want to ride a bike...  :)   I like going on exchanges to see how the work is going in areas other than my own.  Each companionship is different, but the work of the Lord is the same.  I love it... 


The Scriptures
It is so nice reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish because there are so many more little insights that the English copy doesn't give.  Just with how the structure of the language is, you know exactly who is talking and who they are talking to.  It makes it much easier to understand!!   We had some Spanish training this week, and it went very well.  It was great to be with all of the Spanish speaking missionaries in the mission for a small amount of time.  We discussed the Hispanic culture, mix-ups with the language, etc.  Simple training, but very effective.  Just trying my best to work as hard as I can!  I love the work of a missionary!

Thank you so much for writing me and keeping me in your prayers.  I love you all so much, and thank you for the beautiful and uplifting example each of you are for me.  Keep your head held high, and remember that we are never alone when we stand up for what we believe in.

Love,

Elder Alexander J Annand

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...