Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Week 85

Hello, hello!


Elder Annand    Feb 2014
I can't believe that it is February already... Gah!  Time needs to slow down for the next couple of months - I pray!  It is absolutely gorgeous here in Oak Harbor this morning.  Very clear, the sun is shining, and I can see the Cascades (I think) off in the distance.  :)

I'm very glad that the Seahawks won the Super Bowl last night.  Elder Luebke and I had to be in the apartment at 6pm because of all of the after parties and drunk drivers on the streets.  We tried to work a little bit before we had to go in - it wasn't effective at all, haha.  It was a complete ghost town, and no one really wanted to talk to us.  Now, however, people are going to be so happy that they can't resist but talk to us!  :)  

I really hope I don't have migraines. Once I sent that email, I haven't had any nausea or headaches since then, so perhaps I am being very blessed at the moment. My companion has been getting some pretty frequent headaches (seems like once a day), so I hope he will be able to recover to full health soon as well.

Scotty is getting braces!  :)  You'll have to send me a picture!  I am really glad that Dad got my letter.  I miss him, but I know that the work I am doing is blessing the family so much.  One day, I know that Dad, Scotty, Sierra, and Heather will join the fold, and that we will get sealed as a forever family!  :)  I yearn for that day.  That is a bummer that Dad wasn't able to make it to the temple open house - keep trying to encourage him to go.  I know he will be touched by the spirit there. That is so incredible that President Monson will be dedicating the Gilbert Temple.  :)  You'll have to tell me how it was!   I wonder if I can find out what he said during the dedicatory prayer - I guess we will see!


Gilbert Arizona Temple

You are going to do great on your presentation, mom.  You don't need to worry.  "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart..." (Proverbs 3:5)  Trust in Him and you will do fine.  You are a great speaker.  I will pray for you.  Even though you have this big presentation this week, don't stop your scripture study and daily prayer - you'll be surprised how our Father will bless you as you put Him first.

The Navy base tour was really neat!  We got to check the radar room and also the control tower.  We decided to run up 11 flights of stairs - I was winded by the time I got to the top!  It was cool to see planes land, take off, and see what people do in the radar room.  Everyone is very organized!
 

Jesus is baptized by John the Baptist.
This week was awesome.  :)  It started off a bit rough.  One of our investigators has been wanting to get baptized so badly, but because she wasn't living the law of chastity, she couldn't.  However, her situation changed which allowed her to be worthy for baptism.  She was baptized this past Saturday.  I had the amazing opportunity to baptize her - it was such a powerful experience.  As I sat in the water waiting for her to open the door, the Spirit was incredibly strong.  It has been a while since I have felt the Spirit touch me like that.  She started to bawl when she opened the door, but nonetheless, the baptism was such a touching experience.  I love baptism!  I love helping others learn and grow!

We had a special conference on obedience this past Friday.  It was very well done - only an hour long.  We got to listen to President Bonham for the hour, and he helped and recommitted us to be as obedient as we can.  I guess the mission is struggling with that...  It is crazy to know that one disobedient missionary has a toll on the whole mission.  We have each signed on to be a part of this amazing work - I can't see why anyone would not want to follow the rules...


Anyway, I love missionary work.  :)  It is incredible.  I see miracles and blessings every single day.  I am so happy.  I feel so much peace.  :)  I wish I could describe how grateful I am to be a member of this church, but I just can't.  The church has been such an impact on my life.  How great it is to be a Mormon!  I love you all so much - hope you have a great week!  Take care!

Love,

Elder Alexander J Annand

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...