Monday, January 13, 2014

Week 82

Good morning family!

I am doing so great! What a wonderful week it has been!  It rained a little more than usual this week - but I'm not complaining.  :)  Such a beautiful morning over here in Oak Harbor!  It has been pretty cloudy and rainy the past couple of days - and has cleared up a bit this morning, so I'm happy.  It is still a little cloudy out, but I can look out the window and see snow on the mountains, and boy, is it beautiful!  Washington is so green and awesome!
 
View of the Pacific Ocean from Mt. Erie    January 2014

I am so glad that Heather is enjoying her new school!  That makes me so happy to hear that she is doing well.  Did she get my letter that I sent this past week?  I hope so!  Hey hey!  Atta boy, Scotty!  I bet he is jumping up and down in joy to be Diamond 1 in League of Legends - Keep on going Scotty!  Make Challenger!  Sierra has purple highlights in her hair?!  Say whaaaaaat?  That's awesome, hehe.  You know, purple is the best color ever!

Sister H mentioned yesterday at church that she sent you an email with all of the genealogy stuff that we have done together - isn't that awesome?!!  It is so cool to know a little bit about many of my ancestors.  I can't wait to do more genealogy work after my mission!

This week was amazing... I'm super grateful for my companion, Elder Luebke!  Even though I am his trainer, I feel like I am learning so much from him!  That is something I've noticed from all of the missionaries I have trained - it seems I learn more from them than they do from me!  Is that fair?  ;)   Our investigators are doing very well.  I'm impressed with how each of them have such a great desire to learn more about the gospel and do all that is needed to make those changes.  It reminds me of when I was the investigator a couple of years ago.  :)  Time sure does fly!

Today I am starting a "personal sanctification" where I am writing down a list of things that may keep me from feeling the spirit, or keep me from teaching with power and authority.  I am going to pray for strength to overcome these things I write down for the next 40 days.  The hope and goal is that I will be a more effective missionary and that the spirit can testify through me as I change my will to the will of the Lord's.  :)  I'm really excited for this!!

I hope you all have a great week - I love you all so much!

Love,

Elder Alexander J Annand


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...