Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Week 83

To my awesome family!

I love you guys!  I LOVE THE WORK OF A MISSIONARY!  I'm just so happy to be a missionary right now in my life - Ahh, there is nothing better!  Daily, I see miracles and blessings come into my life that I know come because I am in the service of God.  The work truly is hastening!  All of these experiences have helped and shaped me so much - it is so awesome to help others have the same opportunity to receive the gospel!  I feel so blessed to have found the gospel at such a prime moment in my life!  I wonder what I would be doing if I never joined the church, or never decided to serve a mission... I know I wouldn't be nearly as happy as I am now!

Heading to the Mall for shoes!    January 20, 2014

I did get what I wanted at the store.  I bought a pair of Rockport dress shoes and found several awesome ties for $5 each, hehe.  I've gone through 4 or 5 pairs of shoes on my mission already!  This last pair I had for less than 2 months, and they were completely destroyed...  So I bought some nicer shoes this time - real leather and the sole is stitched to the shoe instead of glue - so they better last!  ;)

Yes, haha !!   I've heard about the Seahawks beating the 49ers, and also about the Broncos beating the Patriots.  We were teaching a lesson and all of a sudden heard some screaming,

"YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

WOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!" 

We took it that the Seahawks won...  :)   It is a little strange being out of the loop in the sports world, but it's fine with me.  I have more important stuff to do right now!  :)


I wrote a quick email to Dr. Brooks - I love him so much!  Before my mission, there were so many superb influences in my life which I'm so grateful for!  I really feel that it has helped me progress as I've taken all of their advice and put it to practice.  Woohoo for good friends!!  :)

This past week was awesome.  We did lots of service (mainly help with moving) this week and had a great Sunday.  We have a couple of baptisms coming up in the next couple of weeks, so I'm super excited for that.  The work is moving forward very nicely.  All of our investigators are keeping their commitments and are making necessary changes to be baptized.  I'm so excited for them.  :)  Riding a bike sure has been fun!  During the first couple of weeks of riding, I was super sore and ached all over, but now I'm fine.  There are a lot of hills in the area I cover - they are super fun to go down, but not the best thing in the world to go back up...  HaHa.  I love this area.  It is so beautiful!  You are going to love it.



Gilbert Arizona Temple     copyright Lee Grant, 2013

GAH!!  You're going to the Gilbert Temple open house!?  WOOOHOOOOOO!  You are going to LOOOOVE IT!  You have to tell me what the kids and dad think about the Temple!  I've been praying that you would all be able to go, and that the others can feel the spirit.  I'm positive they will...  :)   Tell the Cooley's hello for me and let them know I love them!





I love you all so much!  Washington has been good to me - I hope you all have a great week!

Love,


Elder Alexander J Annand



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...