Monday, March 24, 2014

Week 92

Goooooooooooooooood morning!

It is such a beautiful morning over here in Washington!  The sun is out and shining and it is finally nice enough outside to wear a short sleeve!  I don't think we got rain this week, which is sweet!  It's that time again for the missionaries - transfer time!  I got a call about half an hour ago saying that I am getting transferred!  It is unfortunate that I was only able to stay here in the Harbour Pointe ward for a month and a half, but I am glad that I was able to help this ward progress in the way that it did.  I received a call late Thursday night informing me that I am going to be a zone leader again - thing is, I don't know if I am going back Spanish speaking or if I am going to stay English speaking for the rest of my mission!  I think that this last area is the last area that I will serve in as a full time missionary, but we will see...

That's definitely some tragic news about the mudslide that happened about an hour and a half north of me.  None of the missionaries were hurt, but from what I hear there was a lot of damage done and possibly a hand full of deaths.  Pray for these people - their families will need it!


I had some awesome studies this past week.  The main thing that I want to talk about is an article that I read in the September 2013 Ensign titled "The Healing Balm of Hope".  It is absolutely incredible.  As we know, hope is believing and expecting that something will occur.  As we trust in the Savior, we believe that He will fulfill His side of the bargain and have those promises that he has made with us come true.  During each trial, problem, stressing moment, affliction, etc. it is hope that helps us overcome these obstacles.  An Irish proverb says that, "Hope is the physician of each misery."  Having firm and unwavering hope helps us heal as we use the Atonement daily in our lives.  In the article, it states many ways how hope develops under the right circumstances, "Faith in God, Righteous living, Positive expectations, Living with purpose, Setting and working towards goals, Initiating and sustaining personal effort, Bridling thoughts, emotions, and behaviors, A willingness to tackle challenges, and Competence in creating healthy relationships."  As we live under these circumstances, hope is easier to develop and sustain.  Profound and sustaining hope is more than an attitude, it is an orientation of the Spirit toward God.  Through all of our trials and afflictions, do not lose hope, because often times that is all that we have to hold on to.  Hope on and remember Him through all things, and He will lift us higher than we could ever imagine.

I love you all so much.  I pray that each of you may have a blessed week.  Keep on being the great examples that you are to those around you, and to me!

Love,

Elder Alexander J Annand

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...