Monday, April 7, 2014

Week 94

Panoramic - Group hike
Faaaaaaamilyyyy!

Gooood morning!  :)   It's beautiful out!  Nice and sunny and my companion and I plan on going hiking in Snohomish with some other missionaries in a couple of hours.  It's going to be great!  I haven't been hiking in a good while so it's going to be nice getting out and enjoying the nature!  I love Washington so much because it is so green and beautiful all the time.  I'll be honest and say I could deal with a little less rain but hey, I need to always have an attitude of gratitude!  :)

This week was amazing!  We had two families come and see General Conference with us over the weekend, and they all enjoyed it very much.  We received a random text from one of our investigators saying how much he learned and how grateful he was to have made time to come and see conference.  Elder Cottle and I should be expecting a handful of baptisms in the coming months...  :)


Group hike on a beautiful day!

All of the talks from General Conference were amazing.  I loved how Elder Holland talked about defending our faith.  In this day and age, people are losing sight of God and replacing it with temporal, worldly items of no particular worth or value.  So many people try to degrade what we believe as Christians, and seem to be even more vile when they learn that we are Mormons.  Standing up for what we believe in is a great step of courage and a huge way to show our love for our Father in Heaven.  As we develop Christlike love and live in accordance to God's commands, we will begin to develop unshakable faith.  As President Eyring stated, every day and every hour we must choose to keep a covenant of God.  Agency is one of the most beautiful gifts Heavenly Father has blessed us with, and as we choose righteously, He will bless us beyond our own comprehension.

I'd love to sit and talk more about what I learned, but I need to get running because we are going to go hiking!  I love you all so much!  Have a great week - don't get too crazy Mom on your motorcycle!  *gulp...*

Love,

Elder Alexander J Annand

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...