Monday, December 16, 2013

Week 78

Hello Annand family!

I'm doing really well.  :)  Before emailing this morning, Elder Thompson and I went to the thrift store, and I ended up buying some sweaters!  I bought a black one, brown one, and a dark blue one - they look really nice!  I'm excited to wear them.  :)


This week was much warmer than last.  Last week it hung around low to mid 20's - this week it was in the 40's!  Washington weather is so strange!  It hasn't rained too much this month, but I heard that we are going to get some rain this week - we'll see.  Surprisingly (aside from the week when the temperature was in the 20's), I haven't been freezing!

It has been harder to find people out on the streets to talk to, so we are doing a lot of knocking on doors.  We are being super blessed over here!  We picked up a couple new investigators this week - one is named "S" and the other is "C".  "S" is from New York and was raised Catholic.  He moved to Oak Harbor because his brother is in the Navy, and he came out to support him.  He stopped going to church a while ago and has lots of questions that he wants answered!  He is super sincere and really wants to check out and see what our church services are like!  A great find!  :)   "C" was a good find as well!  When Elder Thompson and I were walking on the street, the bus pulled out in front of us and dropped off this lady and her 2 year old son.  I ran up to her and gave her a picture of Jesus Christ, and we started talking about the Christmas season.  Turns out that she is trying to develop a belief in Jesus Christ and wanted to find someone to talk with about Him!  This time of year is the perfect time to invite friends and family to learn more about the gospel!  It can be as easy as giving them a plate of cookies with a card expressing your love for them while including an invitation to learn about what has brought so much happiness in your life!  Elder Thompson and I are doing "live Christmas cards" where we talk with a member family, and they give us a couple of people to go and visit, we go and carol for them, leave them with a card that expresses love and holiday cheer from the member family, and we tell them to have a very merry Christmas.  That's it!  A very nonchalant way of meeting the missionaries!  :)  Then, a couple weeks later, we will go and visit those people who we sang for, and see how their Christmas was!  It will be great!

From Millan.Net

I can't believe Christmas is so soon!  Only a week and a half away!  Yes, we will be able to Skype.  :)  Will you remember to include my Skype information in the next email so I can use it to talk with you next Wednesday?  I don't have a time set up yet, so I will let you know around what time I will be calling next Monday when I have a chance to email you.  We have a mission Christmas devotional next Monday, so I am excited to go to that!  I will be getting my package from you that day - can't wait!  :)  By the way, I haven't bought a camera cord yet.  Fortunately, the phone charger fits in perfectly to charge my camera!  However, I can't use that cable to plug it into the computer and upload pictures.  I am going to borrow my friend's camera cable so that I can upload some pictures today for you.

The postman normally drops off mail anytime around 11am-1pm.  Normally we aren't home between those times, but we have really good neighbors.  In order to get to my apartment, you have to go through another door, so if you were to send a package directly to my apartment, it should be fine.  :)

The hastening of the work has begun!  It is so neat to be a part of it!  Wards will start to have multiple sets of missionaries, and the work is going to boom!  You can be a part of the hastening of this work by assisting the missionaries, inviting others, and being an example of all of those around you!

Unfortunately, we don't have tablets yet.  We weren't one of the missions chosen to be a "test" mission for the tablets.  I bet they are super effective, and I'm sure it makes the paperwork tons easier!  The only downside of using tablets would be the disobedient missionaries finding a way to play games or whatever and get distracted.  Don't want that!

Elder Thompson did send an email to Scotty - I'm glad he liked it. 

So last night we got a random call from the zone leaders - it's halfway through the transfer, and Elder Thompson is getting emergency transferred!  I was also called to be a trainer!  Gah!  I don't know who my new companion is, but I will be meeting him on Wednesday.  I'm excited, surprised, and still wondering why this is happening halfway through this transfer.  No idea what's going on, but I'll do what the Lord wants of me!

Hope you have a great week!  :)  I love you, family!  Talk to you soon!

Love,

Elder Alexander J Annand

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...